Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I can't even write a mega-entry for ACL yet. My thoughts aren't all collected yet. I'm still amazed to be honest and happy and a tad bit still euphoric when I think about it.

Maybe I am just waaaaay too into psychology class lately, but I've made another unimportant discovery that when put into words will be most likely mocked back at me in a tone that is supposed to mimic my own Livejournal rambling voice, but lately I've noticed that sometimes all you get out of a whole conversation is one line. Sometimes it's rambling and it's funny at the time, but in five minutes you've moved on and will forget you ever used the oxygen around you to communicate a laugh or a point that seemed important. Sometimes there's a slip. It's a sentence said remorsefully or ending a story that the other person hopes you're not paying attention to or just lets out, and those stick with you. Maybe it's not even important to them, but it's what you take away. This makes no sense, I'm sorry. You talk to someone, maybe this conversation will "matter" ten years from now, maybe not (although I am inclined to believe most everything and detail matters whether I recall them 100% perfectly or not) but the point is, you take something small away. You mull this sentence they let slip over in your mind for weeks. It may be something incriminating or something surprising or something that when they said it, you could just feel the emotion of it all. Maybe I'm the only one that does this? I have a few of those sentences. Phrases you can remember verbatim. Excuse the metaphor, but they're like little movie quotes from your own life, that if you close your eyes, you can imagine the exact place and time and tone of voice and facial expression. I don't know what I'm trying to say with this. Maybe I should write those few sentences down.

I should really get an editor to revise my thoughts before I write them down. But that would take all the fun out of raw unedited ramblings. Yeah, something like that.

It was raining and I took a turn and someone nearly skid into me which caused me swerve out of the way and I skidded almost off the road today and it was all so fast and scary and I think I might have cried a little. I just remembered that. I hate how something big can happen and one can dismiss it. It's unnerving.

P.S.
I get a lump in my throat and my eyes water or I get goosebumps when I see the trailer. THE TRAILER. I have never been more excited for a movie in my entire life. I'm trying not to watch too much about it and spoil anything, although I do have ridiculously high expectations which could be a good thing and a bad thing.

I really really really hope it's every little thing I imagined and more.
Here's to Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment